Founded in 1988, Food & Friends provides freshly prepared meals, nutrition support, and friendship to people living with AIDS, cancer, diabetes, and other life challenging illnesses. Our team of sixty-five employees and thousands of volunteers delivers meals and hope to people living in the District of Columbia and multiple counties across Maryland and Virginia. There is no charge or income qualification for our services, which are rendered solely on the basis of medical need.
We seek a Data and Reporting Manager to manage two programmatic databases and provide staff support with data queries, report generation, and analysis. Reporting to the Chief Program Officer, the Manager will:
• Oversee two nonprofit management databases—ClientTrack and VolunteerHub—including systems configurations, database maintenance, and data integrity;
• Respond to staff requests for complex database queries and prepare data-driven reports for programmatic departments;
• Oversee all data input while adhering to organizational standards and industry best practices;
• Oversee coordination between programmatic databases and other databases at Food & Friends, implementing integration when possible;
• Develop policies and procedures for database usage;
• Develop training curriculum on database usage and conduct trainings for staff;
• Serve as primary point of contact with database vendors and organization’s IT support; and
• Supervise a part-time staff member responsible for program evaluation.
Must be willing to work in a traditional office environment; telework not permitted.
The successful candidate will have a BA/BS and at least three years of mid-level database management experience in a customer-driven environment. Additional requirements include strong analytical skills and an understanding of basic statistics; ability to generate and interpret reports based upon statistical analysis; ability to communicate complex technical concepts verbally and in writing to an audience diverse in background and ability; ability to uphold strict HIPAA standards; and an appreciation for demographic diversity. Offer of employment contingent upon a pre-employment drug test and proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (exemption from vaccination requirement will be considered for disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance).
Food & Friends provides a competitive salary and generous benefits. Our staff enjoys a high quality, diverse work environment that includes short Fridays and casual dress. Food & Friends is Metro accessible, and has free on-site parking.
To apply, please submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
Mr. Lucas Ginn
Food & Friends
No phone calls, please
Food & Friends is an Equal Opportunity Employer