Food & Friends provides medically-tailored meals, nutrition counseling, and friendship to people living with HIV/AIDS, cancer, and other life challenging illnesses. Our team of sixty employees and thousands of volunteers delivers meals and hope to people living in the District of Columbia and several counties across Maryland and Virginia. There is no charge or income qualification for our services, which are rendered solely on the basis of medical need.
We seek a Grants Accountant to coordinate and manage our funding from local, state, and federal sources, from proposal submission to post-award reporting. Specific responsibilities include:
• maintaining grant files to ensure accurate and consistent reporting and data collection;
• preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual financial and program reports for public and private funding partners;
• responding verbally and in writing to frequent funder inquiries, often on tight deadlines;
• collaborating with program and accounting staff to ensure compliance with grant and reporting requirements;
• assisting—and coordinating, when necessary—with preparation of grant proposals; and
• maintaining a calendar of grant and funder deadlines.
The successful candidate will thrive in a deadline driven environment where attention to detail and superior organization skills are required for success.
Qualifications include a BA/BS in accounting and at least one year of grants accounting experience. While a BA/BS is required, may substitute accounting degree with experience in relevant field. Must have proven success managing complex, deadline-driven projects. Requires regular travel throughout the Washington Metro region, a valid driver’s license, and an appreciation for diversity. Familiarity with the grants cycle and OMB Uniform Guidance 2 CFR 200 a plus. Offer of employment contingent upon a pre-employment drug test.
Food & Friends is an essential entity and has continued to provide services to the community during the COVD-19 pandemic. Telework is not permitted and staff must work on-site. Our staff is meticulous with hygiene, facility sanitation, social distancing, and the wearing of masks to prevent the spread of illness.
Food & Friends provides a competitive salary and generous benefits. Our staff enjoys a high quality, diverse work environment that includes short Fridays and casual dress. Food & Friends is Metro accessible, and has free on-site parking.
To apply, please submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
Mr. Lucas Ginn
Food & Friends
219 Riggs Road, NE
Washington, DC 20011
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE
Food & Friends is an Equal Opportunity Employer