Founded in 1988, Food & Friends provides medically-tailored meals, nutrition support, and friendship to people living with AIDS, cancer, and other life-challenging illnesses. Our team of sixty employees and thousands of volunteers delivers meals and hope to people living in the District of Columbia and multiple counties across Maryland and Virginia. There is no charge or income qualification for our services, which are rendered solely on the basis of medical need.
Reporting to the Director of Communications, the Manager, Digital Marketing & Fundraising will develop digital content across a variety of channels in support of fundraising initiatives and brand awareness. Specifically, the Manager will:
• collaborate with colleagues to devise content strategy that aligns with Food & Friends’ brand awareness and fundraising goals;
• write and edit donor-centered fundraising copy for digital campaigns, including emails, web site updates, social media posts, and online ads;
• convert direct mail copy into compelling digital campaign copy for email and social media;
• manage fundraising campaign content for web page and customized landing pages;
• manage vendor relationships for digital campaigns;
• develop testing strategies and incorporate them into campaigns; and
• use analytics to report on campaign outcomes and make strategic and tactical campaign decisions.
This position requires a self-starter with a gift for storytelling who can work independently and as part of a team.
The successful candidate will have a BA/BS, and at least two years of experience working in digital media and content marketing in the nonprofit sector. Other qualifications include outstanding written communication skills; knowledge of content management systems (preferably WordPress), basic HTML, SEO Google Analytics, MS Office, and graphic design applications (Adobe Creative Suite preferred); working knowledge of all major social media platforms; and excellent time management skills. Offer of employment contingent upon a pre-employment drug test.
Food & Friends provides a competitive salary and generous benefits. Our staff enjoys a high quality, fun work environment that includes short Fridays and casual dress. Food & Friends is Metro accessible, and has free on-site parking.
To apply, please submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
Mr. Lucas Ginn
Food & Friends
219 Riggs Road, NE
Washington, DC 20011
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE
Food & Friends is an Equal Opportunity Employer