Food & Friends provides medically tailored meals, nutrition counseling, and friendship to people living with HIV/AIDS, cancer, and other life-challenging illnesses. Our team of sixty employees and thousands of volunteers delivers meals and hope to people living in the District of Columbia and several counties across Maryland and Virginia. There is no charge or income qualification for our services, which are rendered solely on the basis of medical need.
Reporting to the Director of Development for Philanthropic Partnerships, the Special Events Manager will:
• Plan and execute all event logistics, including budget, timeline, vendor selection, marketing, volunteer recruitment, and post-event assessment;
• Collaborate with Development personnel to design and update event microsites and webpages;
• Manage peer-to-peer fundraising platform and marketing;
• Collaborate with Development staff to identify event sponsorship opportunities;
• Draft, design, and edit event collateral;
• Recruit, train, and manage approximately 400 event volunteers; and
• Update and manage donor records in Raiser’s Edge to ensure that all gifts, guest lists, and prospects are tracked and acknowledged.
The successful candidate will have a BA/BS, a minimum of three years of nonprofit event management experience, and a valid driver’s license. Must have experience working with event fundraising software programs and databases. Experience with Raiser’s Edge a plus. Other requirements include advanced knowledge of event fundraising techniques and practices, excellent communications skills, the ability to thrive in a deadline-driven environment, ability to quickly adapt to changes in priority or rapidly evolving contingencies, willingness to be on call outside of traditional work hours, willingness to work some evenings and weekends during heavy event seasons, and an appreciation for diversity. Offer of employment contingent upon a pre-employment drug test.
Food & Friends is an essential entity and has continued to provide services to the community during the COVD-19 pandemic. Telework is not permitted and staff must work on-site. Our staff is meticulous in hygiene, facility sanitation, social distancing, and the wearing of masks to prevent the spread of illness.
Food & Friends provides a competitive salary and generous benefits. Our staff enjoys a high quality, diverse work environment that includes short Fridays and casual dress. Food & Friends is Metro accessible, and has free on-site parking.
To apply, please submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
Mr. Lucas Ginn
Food & Friends
219 Riggs Road, NE
Washington, DC 20011
Food & Friends is an Equal Opportunity Employer
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE