Emerging Leaders Network
- Are you in your 20s or 30s and interested in meeting individuals who are compassionate, hard working and fun?
- Do you believe that “anyone can get sick and everyone can help”?
- Are you looking to deepen your engagement with your community?
- Do you want to connect and network with peers to learn from each other and from organized professional development opportunities?
- Are you interested in developing your leadership skills?
- Are you willing to “give or get” $1,000 annually in support of Food & Friends’ mission?
…then you should join our Emerging Leaders Network!
Emerging Leaders kickoff meeting at Anxo Cidery & Pintxos Bar
As an Emerging Leader you will be an important Food & Friends’ ambassador and mission partner. In addition to participating in fun networking and educational events throughout the year, you will have the opportunity to engage with Food & Friends in a number of ways: Promote awareness through social media; create, plan and/or participate in service activities (volunteer days, awareness campaigns); help plan and host fundraising events (happy hours, peer-to-peer fundraising campaigns, etc.); and interact with Food & Friends’ staff and Board of Directors.
What are the benefits of service?
- Developing leadership skills and your personal and professional network;
- Affecting change in your community;
- Gaining hands-on experience volunteering, planning service days, organizing fundraising events, and serving as Food & Friends’ ambassadors;
- Enhancing your resume through service activities and volunteerism;
- Networking with other civic-minded young professionals at Food & Friends events and gatherings;
- Interacting with Food & Friends staff and Board of Directors.
To learn more please complete this contact form. Sophia Black, Special Event Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org), will follow-up within 48 hours. We look forward to having you involved!
“I know first hand that anyone can get sick, and cooking a nutritious meal, as easy as it may seem, can be a formidable task when you’re sick. Food & Friends allows patients to focus on what matters most, healing. I’m excited to work with emerging leaders to become engaged as volunteers, fundraisers and ambassadors of Food & Friends mission.”
— Kate Brown, Emerging Leaders Network Chair; Event Manager at the Distilled Spirits Council of the United States